A Fortune 500 technology and science company has an immediate opening on their team for a remote Senior Technical Project Manager. The Senior Technical Project Manager is responsible for managing the portfolio of projects related to the Global IT Operations function as well as other infrastructure projects in the IT organization. This is a long-term contract opportunity that offers growth.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Senior Technical Project Manager:
- Identify project stakeholders, project requirements, and overall timelines
- Coordinate with project team to define scope, schedule, budget and risks
- Document the communication plan, change and escalation plans as well as post implementation support requirements in the context of project delivery
- Monitor team performance and ensure project resources receive the training required to perform their duties
- Review and manage all changes requests according to a change management processes
- Lead project meetings, status calls, coordinate project activities and manage stakeholder expectations
- Provide regular project status updates including project progress toward achieving the objectives defined in the business case
- Ensure the project management software tools are being updated in a timely manner. These tools include, but not limited to KeyedIn, Asana, Microsoft SharePoint and Excel.
- Provide sign-off for phase and project completion; document project outcome and lessons learned
- Collaborate with multiple global resources dependent upon on the scope of the project
Education and Experience of the Senior Technical Project Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
- At Least 10+ years of experience in a Project Management role with global technology projects
- Experience with facilities moves, closures and startups
- Must have a technical background and the able to interface with vendors for product evaluations
- Strong understanding of ITIL concepts and principals and the ability to translate technical requirements into high level action plans and work deliverables on behalf of engineering teams
- Strong understanding of technical requirements related to end user support, service desk technologies and processes and delivery of these services to customers
- Ability to work effectively across multiple time zones and cultures.
- Understand and synthesize regional requirements into work units for existing or new project effort
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly preferred
- For global coverage, this candidate would need to be flexible to regularly attend meetings to accommodate multiple time zones.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.