Project Engineer - Direct Hire - Charlotte, NC
The position will be responsible for the design custom, design to specifications, industrial ventilation systems, along with the ongoing management and continuous improvement of the concepts. You will work closely with the engineering team, key suppliers, customers, and local sales and service teams to design, produce, install and commission turn-key air filtration and exhaust solutions. This person should have strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and act as an internal expert regarding the standard design approach.
- This person will be active in the process, from the proposal stage to the final implementation; include technical sales support, component specification, system engineering, quality assurance, installation, and commissioning support.
- Act as lead mechanical designer on assigned projects. Liaise closely with the Project Team and client regarding application, design and documentation. Perform calculations and consult with technical colleagues and experts to further develop solution to meet functional requirements of contract.
- Detailed engineering documentation is a requirement of every project. The position is responsible for creating a system design submittal and as-installed documentation: general arrangement drawings, pipe system layout, P&I Diagrams, functional descriptions, BoMs, As-Builts, Operation, installation and Maintenance? (O&M) manuals in coordination with the design team.
- Create and issue detailed drawings, BoMs and functional description for procurement, production and testing of components and system. Consult with internal and external suppliers during manufacturing phase, advising them on design specifications.
- Provide remote support to technicians in the start-up commissioning process and ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of installed solutions. Coach and mentor others in the area of industrial ventilation, regulatory codes and standard technical approaches.
- BS in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical engineering and design.
- Knowledge of industrial ventilation system design and troubleshooting. A good understanding of Air Material Separator (Dust, Fume, and Mist) Design Principles is preferred.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Inventor CAD software in preparing 2-D drawings and 3-D models, preferred. Any 3D modeling experience is acceptable.
- Experience with Revit and Navisworks creating standard component and coordination models is a plus.
- Well-versed in the OSHA, IMC, SMACNA and NFPA codes/requirements about the design and installation of mechanical systems.
- 10%-15% travel / 2-3 days a month
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Paid Vacation, Sick, & Personal Days
- 401(k) with company match
- Incentive payout design aligned with corporate objectives
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.