Manufacturing Engineer – Direct Hire – Charlotte, NC area
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer or Industrial Engineer for an automotive manufacturing client in the Charlotte, NC area. The Manufacturing Engineer will apply design and manufacturing engineering principles to develop facilities, equipment, fixtures, and tooling used in processing or manufacturing products.
SALARY RANGE: $60k-80k
• Design, development and implementation of assembly fixtures, tools, prototype model(s) (using Creo CAD software)
• Procure tools and fixtures needed to establish efficient assembly methods that meet the product specifications and aligns with the company’s safety, quality and productivity goals.
• In collaboration with the assembly manufacturing engineer and the Kaizen team, create, maintain and control process documentation including standardize work sheets, time study/line balance and Operator Method Sheets (OMS) that will meet safety, quality and productivity goals; Kaizen/Continuous Improvement projects as a normal portion of job duties.
• Provide Training to assembly support employees (line leaders and seniors), production supervisors and maintenance technicians on new tooling or fixture changes to insure correct operation and methods.
• Assist manufacturing when required on resolving complex tooling and fixtures issues and identify solutions which reduce downtime and conserve costs.
• Ensures company 5-S Standards are observed with assigned task and areas of responsibility.
• BS in Engineering
• 0-5 years experience - we will train entry level candidates with a desire to pursue a career in MFG.
• Ideally some experience a manufacturing environment or some exposure to some machining or design.