Do you have a passion for cutting edge robotics technologies and getting in early with a highly talented team poised for explosive growth? Biomechanical technologies will improve the quality of life of thousands, do you want to be a huge part of the team making that impact? If you have a strong electrical engineering background and this sounds like you, review the description below and apply with your resume to this posting today!
Your main responsibilities will be to improve/expand/maintain the hardware/EE aspect of our embedded systems: design or re-design current circuits to accommodate new product features and projects, write embedded firmware in C (low-level drivers), assemble and test prototypes, bring-up boards, debug and fix problems. You will work closely with software and controls engineers, as well as with our mechanical engineering team. Work balance: 65% hardware, 35% firmware. Since our embedded systems are used directly by people (wearable robots), reliability and predictability are key. This is a fast-paced environment: it’s not uncommon to have an idea on a Monday, CAD it right away, write firmware and test code while the PCBs are being fabricated, hand assemble and test everything by the end of the week.
- Minimum education: bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- A track record of independently designing PCBAs, obtaining prototypes from quick-turn fabricators, and integrating with complex assemblies at a fast pace.
- Strong circuit design skills, mixed-signal applications: microcontrollers, motor control, ADC/DAC, wired communications, switch-mode power supplies, thermal management, radio modules, etc.
- Experience performing engineering analyses and writing test plans, specifications, and test reports.
- Experience designing multi-layer PCBs tightly integrated with mechanical components.
- Experience designing high-speed circuits (microprocessors, RAM interface, inter-CPU communication).
- Experience bringing up and debugging hardware and associated firmware.
- Embedded programming on microcontrollers (PSoC 4/5 and STM32 or equivalent, C).
- Ability to work with clients or other engineers to troubleshoot issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-sufficiency is key, as well as a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Altium Designer and Solidworks.
- Hardware and firmware testing: CI/CD, hardware in the loop testing, Python automation.
- Experience with all stages of the hardware and software development life cycle.
- Experience bringing a hardware product on the market and with compliance/certifications (FCC, UL, IEC).
- Experience with radio communications: Bluetooth, WiFi, 802.15.4 or others.
- Experience with robots, exoskeletons, active prostheses, or other electromechanical systems.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.