Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
Laboratory Technician-Sr. Technician - Swing Shift - $19.50-hr.
Title:Laboratory Technician/Sr. Technician - Swing Shift - $19.50/hr.
Laboratory Technician/Sr. Technician
Shift: Swing Shift Lab Tech 5:00pm-5:00am/5:00am-5:00pm. $19.50/hr.
Performs laboratory tests to determine chemical and physical characteristics or composition of
solid, liquid or gaseous materials for such purposes as quality control, process control or product
development by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must become familiar with the laboratory quality, safety and specifications manuals.
- Expected to master the techniques and knowledge to be able to carry out all of the routine analyses required supporting the company core business, reclamation/recovery, and customer sample programs. Must know the procedures and be able to follow same as written in the laboratory methods manuals.
- Is expected to learn and understand the business aspects of our company at an elementary level.
- Must learn to recognize the unusual situation and to take appropriate action in reporting it to laboratory supervision.
- Expected to know the operation, calibration, routine maintenance, and paperwork (reporting) associated with all laboratory instruments with exception of ICP and GC-MS.
- Is expected to acquire detailed knowledge of all safety/environmental aspects especially as related to the laboratory. Must participate fully in safety inspections and meetings.
- Must be able to handle all mathematical calculations associated with the routine procedures.
- Must understand and carry out all analytical sampling procedures where required and when expected to do so.
- Must understand the reasons for frequent method calibrations and Quality Control (QC) procedures and must participate fully in the implementation thereof.
- Is expected to bear the brunt of laboratory housekeeping/organizing activities.
Only as specifically directed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (preferably in science) from four-year college or university; two-year
Associate Degree or HS Graduate with minimum of 10 years experience in a laboratory related
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before employees of
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference,
and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger,
handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms,
talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The
employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.
- Production Manager in Suwanee GA
- Purchasing Manager in N. Billerica MA
- Principal Mechanical Engineer in North Andover MA
- Manager Quality Systems in Norcross GA
- In Process Quality Inspector in Woburn MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Andover MA
- Accounts Payable Coordinator in Milford MA
- Financial Analyst in Alpharetta GA
- Project Manager in Garner NC
- Shift Electrical Technician - 1st shift in Acton MA
- Test Technician - 2nd shift in Acton MA
- Administrative support in Milford MA
- Quality Analyst in Fitchburg MA
- Program Coordinator in Marlborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Flowery Branch GA
- Customer Service Representative in Flowery Branch GA
- Medical Device Assembler in West Boylston MA
- 2nd Shift Equipment Maintenance Technician in Plymouth MN
- Shipping & Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Owner Connection Representative in Plymouth MN
- Purchasing Specialist in Flowery Branch GA
- Marketing Campaign Specialist in Milford MA
- Contracts Manager in Milford MA
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Peachtree Corners GA
- Maintenance Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Component Level Debug Tech in Chelmsford MA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Radio Compliance Engineer in Wyoming MN
- In Process Inspector in Fridley MN
- Process Engineer in Pittsfield MA
- Senior R&D Engineer in Saint Louis Park MN
- Electrical Designer in Garner NC
- Material Handler in Oakdale MN
- Buyer in Lawrenceville GA
- Quality Engineer in Fitchburg MA
- SR Manufacturing Engineer in Jackson GA
- Full Stack Developer in Millis MA
- Sr. Test Technician in Oxnard CA
- Firmware Engineers in Andover MA
- Assembler in Seabrook NH
- EM Assembler in Seabrook NH
- Marketing Contractor in Milford MA
- Quality Engineer in Nashua NH
- Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Logistics and Customer Service Representative in Littleton MA
- Customer Care Coordinator in Redwood City CA
- Development Scientist in Chaska MN
- Maintenance Technician in Morrow GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Procurement Analyst in Miami FL
- Human Resources Business Partner (Manufacturing) in Rantoul IL
- Human Resources Representative in Miami FL
- Assembly Operator in Chaska MN
- Refrigeration Technician - 1st shift in Acton MA
- Press Brake Operator 1st shift in Acton MA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Atlanta GA
- Shipping Associate in Atlanta GA
- Test Development Technician in Chelmsford MA
- Tax Support Representative in Lowell MA
- Refrigeration Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Project Coordinator in Kennnesaw GA
- Manufacturing Technician I in New Brighton MN
- Electronic Assembler in Oakdale MN
- Assembler in Woburn MA
- Assembler - 2nd Shift in Canton GA
- Senior Area Manager - Surgical Spine Technologies in Durham NC
- Quality Control Inspector - 2nd Shift in Flowery Branch GA
- CAD Drafter in Ball Ground GA
- Quality Inspector in Lawrenceville GA
- Packer - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Product Support Specialist II in Lowell MA
- Machine Operator in Flowery Branch GA
- Accounting Specialist in Norcorss GA
- Quality Control Inspector 3rd shift in Chelmsford MA
- Sr Manufacturing Engineer in Laconia NH
- Material Handler - Production (Amazon) in Westborough MA
- Design Engineer in Coon Rapids MN
- Project Manager in Broomall PA
- Technical Writer in Plymouth MN
- Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Plymouth MN
- Quality Engineer in Marietta GA
- Quality Inspector in Fitchburg MA
- Customer Service Coordinator in Lowell MA
- Mechanical Engineering Technician II in Plymouth MN
- Operator in Chaska MN
- AP Coordinator in New Castle DE
- ACA Benefit Specialist in Weston FL
- Sr. PCBA Test Engineer in Wilmington MA
- Incoming Inspector II in Nashua NH
- Controller in Alpharetta GA
- Electronics Assembler in Maple Grove MN
- Senior Process Engineer in Burnsville MN
- CAD Designer in Dahlonega GA
- Cost Accountant in Fort Worth TX
- Sr Cost Analyst in Andover MA
- Machine Operator - 1st Shift in Denton TX
- Lead Packaging Technician in Saint Paul MN
- Shipping Associate in Lawrenceville GA
- Project Manager in Anoka MN
- Production Supervisor in Newnan GA