We are partnering with a engineering firm in Decatur, AL who is looking for an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER to be a leading member of a multi-discipline design team. This is a contract to hire opportunity with a company who is growing at a rapid rate.
- Design of projects involving low and medium voltage power distribution and controls
- Performs electrical design in medium and low voltage power systems, single lines, panel schedules, lighting, PLC Automation, conduit layouts, schematics, cable tray plans, and wiring diagrams
- Applies API RP 500, UL 508A, NEC and other related electrical codes
- Design and detailing experience with medium and low voltage electrical systems
- Develop labor and cost estimates for potential project assisting with business development
- Interface directly with clients on a regular basis to understand their needs
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering and 6+ years experience with advanced knowledge in electrical engineering and design
- Electrical design including single lines, panel schedules, lighting, PLC Automation, conduit layouts, schematics, cable tray plans, and wiring diagrams
- Able to utilize AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project and have familiarity Power analysis software
- Familiar with particular type of experience with PLCs and/or motor control system that are preferred: PLC’s mainly Allen Bradley, Siemens, Provox, Delta-V, Stahl and familiar with IS certification a plus. Siemens and Allen Bradley drives, Westinghouse, Siemens and Cutler-hammer on the Motor Control Centers.